Some people feel that looking good is about being perfectly dressed, wearing the latest styles and appearing as if you’ve just stepped from the pages of a fabulous magazine. But there are lots of men and women who meet none of these criteria, who may even seem a little wild, quirky and dishevelled occasionally and yet something about them means they always looks great.
What does it take to look great, what is the best way to look good daily?
Someone who’s warm, friendly and enjoys life generates an inner glow and radiance that lights up everything and everybody about them.
– Be someone who is ready to say yes, who’s enthusiastic, joins in and is willing to have a go. People who catch opportunities will most times seem good because that mindset generates engagement and a readiness to live life to the full. Attractive individuals frequently have a genuine curiosity about life and what it brings.
– Start to develop good habits and maintain a positive mindset by focusing on the good things that happen every day, even the tiny things like a stranger’s smile, a compliment, a thoughtful gesture, the view from your window. When you begin to cherish the good in life the ensuing happier outlook can help you look better each day.
– Learn not to take things personally. Reflect on what’s happened, try to stand back from it a little and decide how to respond. When you detach yourself you can determine the way to next proceed, in addition to take care of the way you want to feel afterwards.
Good health is a significant element in looking good. Exercise regularly and follow a wholesome regimen, with breaks for great food and lots of water. The importance of sleep is often underestimated, but respect that quality sleep is a key part of processing the day’s activities. We often feel better, have a more positive view of life when we’ve’slept on it’. Lots of people work long hours and hope to catch up on their sleep at weekends or vacation times but try to present good customs; switch off your technology and commit to a few hours relaxation before bed. Wind down, sleep well and invest in looking good each day.
Forgive yourself your shortcomings and mistakes. Yes, there could be issues and situations which need to be dealt with, things that are cluttered, that cause anxiety. Try to deal with them quickly; it’s generally less stressful than was envisaged. Value constructive criticism. Decide if there’s a validity to what has been mentioned, a learning stage you could benefit from.
– Don’t underestimate the role of professional help in dealing with your own’demons’, negative patterns of behaviour or any issues you may have. Utilise a fantastic counsellor or hypnotherapist and encourage yourself in getting more powerful and more confident. Reacting badly to stress, situations and other people can become a habit and sometimes we need help to change that and learn to cope better.
– Accept help. Let friends, family or colleagues offer support and be gracious about their ideas and input. You might even need to request help occasionally, suggest things that you need to make your life easier, especially if you’ve always been independent. But mutual support can improve relationships, generate new ideas and forge important bonds and connections. Communicate frequently and invest time and focus in your special relationships. Welcome the closeness and feel part of team you.
– Some folks realize that they’re always in a rush in the mornings. They have so much to cram into the first hour of each day that they’re already frazzled and out of sorts by the time they arrive at work. Going to better earlier may permit you to get up earlier, with time to start the day well.
– Reflect on how your look, the impression you give, the image you portray. Many people adopt an everyday’uniform’ in order to dress quickly, fit in with our coworkers and go about our lives. We may shop intermittently for new items but answer honestly, if you looked at yourself would you say’wow, not bad’ or’could maybe do with a make over’! Try to impartially evaluate your style. Perhaps have a selfie. Are you a little dated, do you will need to freshen your picture or amend your look to suit your current lifestyle better? Makeup can be a factor too; many women wear the same look for years, yet most department stores use makeup consultants who are only too happy to provide advice on upgrading your image. Go to a different hairdresser or barber and gain from being styled by a new pair of eyes.
– Schedule in some fun. Some times of the year may appear more gloomy than others. If you’re short of cash, in your or overwhelmed by commitments there can appear to be little opportunity for pleasure anytime soon. Plan a get together, maybe once every couple of weeks or so, where you invite friends, acquaintances, coworkers around for a catch up. It might be a games evening with cards or football, a bite of dinner where everyone brings a dish or bottle or even a local concert or dance. Money doesn’t need to be a significant part of fun. Having people round for a coffee or going for a walk together can help you feel more positive, sociable and inject some sociability into your life.
Even if you’ve only a little free time, try to make certain that you find a corner in your day where you read a book or enjoy a particular hobby or interest. Maybe go to bed a little earlier and spend the time listening to music or find a stimulating evening course. When you find time for things that make you feel happy you’ll find that you look better because of this.
Looking good comes not only from being clean, tidy and well-groomed. It’s also important to invest time and attention in our psychological and emotional wellbeing also.